Orlando Personal Injury Lawyer – Consequences for victims and their families are severe for any significant personal injuries. In addition to the victim’s physical agony and suffering and mental anguish, the financial cost to a family can be devastating. A family’s financial collapse can be caused by mounting medical expenses, loss of household income, and associated debt.
Our personal injury lawyers at Colling Gilbert Wright & Carter are committed to preserving the rights of harmed victims through skilled and ethical advocacy. If you or a loved one have been injured due to the negligence of another party, our attorneys can pursue the compensation you deserve.
How to Determine if You Need Orlando Personal Injury Lawyer
Orlando Personal injury claims cover a vast array of occurrences, including traffic accidents, medical negligence, and premises liability. These claims can involve any incident that was caused by the negligence or error of another person, company, or manufacturer, and they must demonstrate that this negligence or error directly caused the victim’s injuries. Personal injury cases seek to obtain compensation for the physical, emotional, and financial losses incurred by victims and their families as a result of these accidents.
You likely have a case so long as the injuries are substantial and we can prove they were caused by negligence or error. However, you may not have a claim for personal injury if:
You’ve already agreed to a settlement with the individual or insurance company involved. Your injuries were minor, and you have no medical bills or history of treatment for those injuries. The statute of limitations for your case has passed.
Contacting attorneys in Orlando as soon as feasible is the best method to determine the validity of your case. If no injuries were sustained, but your vehicle or other property was damaged in the accident, you should be entitled to collect at least the cost of repairs.
Cases Orlando Personal Injury Attorneys Represent
Given the expensive expenses of medical care and the potential for long-term consequences connected with many injuries, it is crucial to employ a lawyer with the requisite competence and experience to ensure that you are reimbursed appropriately. Orlando law office has distinguished itself via the numerous sorts of personal injury claims our attorneys are able to pursue on behalf of clients, thanks to decades of combined experience.
These cases include:
- Brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Burn injuries
- Catastrophic injuries
- Pedestrian accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Auto accidents
- Medical malpractice
- Product liability
- Nursing home abuse and neglect
- Wrongful death
- Dog bite lawsuits
- Dangerous premises
- Construction accidents
- Boating accidents
- Aviation accidents
- Drowning accidents
- Premises liability/Slip and Fall Accidents
All claims for personal injury are governed by statutes of limitations and other criteria that are frequently exceedingly complicated for the layperson. It can be detrimental to your legal rights and your attorney’s potential to recover damages for you and your family if you delay in retaining legal counsel. Contacting our attorneys as soon as possible after the accident that caused your injuries or the death of a loved one is crucial to the success of your lawsuit.
What to Look for in an Orlando Personal Injury Lawyer
There are many lawyers advertising on television, radio, billboards, and the Internet, which makes it difficult to narrow down your search. With so many options available, how will you know what to look for? How will you be able to determine which lawyer is the right fit for your individual needs and the specifics of your case?
It is important to thoroughly research several potential candidates before deciding on your personal injury lawyer. The following tips will help you in your search:
- Look up the attorney’s record with The Florida Bar. Make sure he or she has a solid success rate in previous cases.
- Find out if your attorney is board certified in civil trial law by The Florida Bar or by the National Board of Trial Advocacy. There are many competent lawyers who are not board certified, but board certification is one way of evaluating your attorney’s experience and qualifications, as recognized by his or her peers.
- Ask any potential attorney to provide you with references from previous clients. If the attorney is unwilling to supply references, you should continue your search.
- Make sure that the attorney has handled similar cases in the past. An attorney who specializes in medical malpractice might not be the best person to handle your auto accident claim.
- Find out if the lawyer will be personally handling your case from beginning to end, or if a team of paralegals will be doing most of the work. If so, ask about their qualifications to make sure your legal team can successfully handle your case.
- Ask about fees upfront. Most personal injury cases are handled on a contingency fee basis, which means that if you do not receive compensation for your damages, your lawyer will not get paid. Do not hire an attorney who does not work on a contingency fee basis for personal injury cases. It is also important to find out the specifics of the contingency fee up front so that you know what percentage of your settlement you will have to pay to your lawyer.
- Look up your potential attorney’s ratings on directories such as Martindale-Hubbell or Avvo.com. These organizations will provide you with feedback from the lawyer’s peers that will help you evaluate his or her experience, skills and ethics.
It is important never to hire an attorney who contacts you before you have contacted them. This behavior is unethical and should be reported to The Florida Bar at once.
Why Choose Orlando Personal Injury Lawyers?
Colling Gilbert Wright & Carter has helped our injured clients recover tens of millions of dollars. Our attorneys have developed a reputation for our vigor and dedication to helping victims and their families find justice and resolution for the accident that forever changed their lives. Our successful verdicts and settlements speak for themselves.
Those who are at fault for your injuries can and should be held accountable. Our attorneys will evaluate your claim for FREE and represent you on a contingency fee basis—you pay no attorneys’ fees unless we recover compensation for your claim.
If you or a loved one has been injured due to negligence or error, please contact our attorneys in Orlando today at (407) 712-7300 to schedule your complimentary consultation. Colling Gilbert Wright & Carter serves clients in Orlando and all of Florida.
Orlando Personal Injury Lawyer – Car Accident Attorneys